The World Coalition elects its new governing bodies until June 2021
The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty held its General Assembly during the World Congress Against the Death Penalty on 26 February 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
More than 50 member organizations of the World Coalition met for the General Assembly and elected the following organizations as members of the Steering Committee for a period of two years (June 2019 – June 2021):
1. Advocates for Human Rights
2. Anti-Death Penalty Asia Network
3. Paris Bar
4. Moroccan Coalition Against the Death Penalty
5. Tunisian Coalition Against the Death Penalty
6. Colegio de Abogados y Abogadas de Puerto Rico
7. Communità di Sant’Egidio
8. Culture for Peace and Justice
9. Death Penalty Project
14. Iran Human Rights
15. Journey of Hope… From Violence to Healing
17. Reprieve Australia/Capital Punishment Justice Project
18. SYNAFEN Niger
19. Taiwan Alliance to End the Death Penalty
20. Witness to Innocence
The statutory meeting also saw the adoption of the 2018 activity report, the provisional budget and the 2019 orientation report as well as an amendment to the bylaws.
The newly elected Steering Committee met on 28-29 June 2019 to adopt the 2018 financial report, modify the registered office (Mundo-M 47 avenue Pasteur 93100 Montreuil France) and elect a new Executive Board, which is now composed of :
– Kevin Rivera Medina (Colegio de Abogados y Abogadas de Puerto Rico), President
– Guillaume Colin (FIACAT), Treasurer
– Annemarie Pieters (Communità di Sant’Egidio), Vice-President
– Amy Bergquist (Adocates for Human Rights), Vice President
– Anne Souléliac (Paris Bar), Vice President
The Steering Committee meeting continued with a training session on corporate responsibility and the abolition of the death penalty led by Celia Ouelette, Director of Responsible Business Initiative and Office Warming of the new offices of the World Coalition’s secretariat at Mundo M 47 avenue Pasteur 93100 Montreuil.
The World Coalition welcomes the successful work of its General Assembly, World Congress and Steering Committee.