This evaluation aims to assess the impact of the 2021 World Day dedicated to women sentenced to death.
The objectives of this evaluation are as follows:
1) Evaluation of the impact of World Day 2021
2) Evaluation of the methodology of World Day 2021
Coordination and Methodology
The study will be conducted by an international consultant who will work under the direction of the Director of the World Coalition and under the supervision of the Women and Gender Project Manager as well as the Gender working group set up by the Coalition’s Steering Committee to implement the project.
The Author will work in collaboration with the World Coalition’s member organizations. He/she will benefit from their support, through accessing existing working documents, research and information.
The evaluation will be carried out using a quantitative and qualitative methodology, based in primary and secondary data analysis.
The consultant is required to prepare, present, and defend the methodology he/she deems appropriate to meet the objectives of the service. He/she will have to adapt his/her methodology according to the objectives of this consultancy. For that, the following guidance is offered:
1st phase: Initial or pre-organization phase
After the selection of the consultant, a meeting will be organized to contextualize her/him on the Canada project and its links with the consultancy exercise. Likewise, the consultation implementation process and the expected products will be specified and defined.
2nd phase: Validation of the methodological approach
The methodology proposed by the consultant when submitting the application will be reviewed, revised, and validated by the Gender working group.
3rd phase: design / implementation and first expected results
Development of the analysis by the consultant.
A first version of the document structure will be shared for validation as well as the first draft.
4th phase: Socialization of results
Presentation and approval of complete products.
The consultant must produce the following deliverables:
- Methodological note detailing the approach proposed for the realization of all the stages and the production of the deliverables mentioned
- Gender-sensitive evaluation of the 2021 World Day Against the Death Penalty
- List of good practice examples of successful World Days that take gender issues into account in a cross-cutting way
Beginning of November: Meeting with the World Coalition staff
November- December-2022: Research, interviews and questionnaires
Last week of December: Validation of the evaluation’s detailed plan
20th January 2023: Submission of the evaluation by the consultant
10th February 2023: Comments from the World Coalition
28th February 2023: Submission of the final evaluation
March 2022: Translation and publication
The experts’ financial proposals for this evaluation must be below a maximum ceiling of 10 000 euros.
- Graduate degree (Master’s or equivalent) in human rights, gender studies or political sciences;
- Proven professional experience in drafting studies and evaluation of at least 5 years; previous experience in evaluation of another World Day o similar event would be highly valued;
- Proven knowledge about gender, including gender sensitive and inclusive communication;
- Very competences in report writing and analytical skills;
- Fluency in English, French would be highly valued.
How to apply
27th October 2022: Deadline for receipt of bids
27th October – 7th November 2022: Analysis of offers and selection of consultant
The consultant is invited to provide the following documents to submit their application:
◦ Technical offer
The technical offer must include, but not be limited to, the following:
- A summary of the understanding of the terms of reference, including a methodological proposal as well as an implementation schedule including a work proposal;
- The CV of the main consultant candidate for this call for competition and/or his/her team,
- If applicable, relevant references of similar studies conducted by the consultant(s)
◦ Financial offer
The consultant must provide a detailed financial offer including all costs to complete the entire service No travel is expected for this consultancy.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 October 2022, midnight Paris time.