Women and gender project assistant (trainee)
The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty is recruiting a Women and Gender Project Assistant for the period November 2023 – April 2024
The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty, an alliance of more than 160 NGOs, bar associations, local authorities, and unions, was created in Rome on 13 May 2002. The aim of the World Coalition is to strengthen the international dimension of the fight against the death penalty. Its ultimate objective is to obtain the universal abolition of the death penalty. The World Coalition gives a global dimension to the sometimes isolated action taken by its members on the ground. It complements their initiatives, while constantly respecting their independence.
The World Coalition is recruiting an intern for a period of 6 months, starting in November 2023. The intern will carry out the following tasks:
1. Support of the women and gender project
-Support the organization of a face-to-face training session to help build the capacity of World Coalition members on the theme of “gender and the death penalty”.
-Support the development of an online training course on “gender and the death penalty”.
-Support the strengthening of relations between abolitionist civil society and feminist civil society
-Contribute to the Gender and Death Penalty Newsletter
-Monitor United Nations advocacy activities
-Carry out research and writing activities
-Produce and disseminate communication tools
2. Support for the organization of the World Day against the Death Penalty
-Draft the 2023 World Day report (research, analysis and writing)
-Participate in the organization of World Day 2024 (development and sharing of materials, member support, etc.)
-Support gender mainstreaming in World Day 2024 tools
3. Support for gender mainstreaming in World Coalition actions
-Provide logistical support for the management of the Gender Working Group
-Support the development of a “gender marker”
4. Cross-cutting support for World Coalition missions
-Support the logistical organization of the Steering Committee (help in obtaining visas, booking flights, hotels, etc.)
-Help manage new memberships in the World Coalition
-Proofreading and translation
-Development of communication tools
• An internship agreement with a university is compulsory.
• University degree in human rights, law, political sciences or humanities;
• Good organizational and writing skills;
• Perfect speaking/ writing knowledge in one of the following languages: English or French, as well as a working knowledge of the other language required;
• Good computer knowledge and skills, in particular Microsoft Office and the Internet;
• Willingness to work in a multicultural environment;
• Familiarity with topics related to human rights and the death penalty is an asset;
• Good knowledge of another language would be a plus.
• An international working environment
• Internship allowance of 600,60€ per month with an internship agreement
• Contribution to local transportation fees
• Lunch vouchers
• 2,5 days leave per month
Applications should be sent in English or French to the World Coalition by email at email@example.com (Ref: Internship Women and Gender Project Assistant) before October 30, 2023 with:
• A cover letter
• A curriculum vitae
The World Coalition is a signatory to the Charter of Diversity.