(Deadline for candidacy: 22 February 2016
Students with an internship agreement with a university only)
Death Penalty Worldwide (http://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org) is a research and advocacy center that focuses on providing reliable, current information on capital punishment around the world and engages in the promotion of international human rights norms within the criminal justice process.
The Death Penalty Worldwide database was created in partnership with the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty.
The intern’s tasks will include:
– Conducting research on the current law and practice of capital punishment in countries that retain the death penalty. This involves finding up-to-date national legislation and reliable secondary sources such as reports produced by the UN and NGOs. Knowledge of the UN’s human rights monitoring system is helpful.
– Providing research support for a project on women facing capital punishment around the world.
– Drafting blog posts (in English) on current death penalty issues.
– Monitoring global death penalty news.
– Assisting the Director of the World Coalition for the update of its Website: www.worldcoalition.org.
An Internship agreement with a university is compulsory
• University degree in human rights, law, political sciences or humanities;
• Good organisational and writing skills;
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
• Working knowledge of French would be an asset;
• Good computer knowledge and skills, in particular Microsoft Office and the Internet;
• Willingness to work in a multicultural environment;
• Familiarity with topics related to human rights and the death penalty is an asset.
• An international working environment;
• Internship allowance of 520,00 € / month with an Internship agreement;
• Contribution to transportation fees;
• Lunch vouchers;
• 2,5 days leave per month;
Selected candidates will be contacted from 22 February 2016 for an interview between 22 and 28 February. The selected person should be available in March 2016 for four to five months. The position is based in Montreuil, France.
Applications (cover letter, CV) should be sent by email to Aurélie Plaçais (contact [at] worldcoalition.org) by 22 February 2016.