(Deadline: 7 November 2016)
The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty is an alliance of more than 150 NGOs, bar associations, local authorities and unions. The aim of the World Coalition is to strengthen the international dimension of the fight against the death penalty. Its ultimate objective is to obtain the universal abolition of the death penalty. The World Coalition is striving to achieve this aim by organising international campaigns, including the World Day Against the Death Penalty; by supporting national and regional abolitionist forces; and by lobbying international organisations and States.
The World Coalition has a website in seven languages (French/ English/ Arabic/ Spanish/ Russian/ Farsi/ Chinese) partly devoted to news of those taking action against the death penalty (www.worldcoalition.org). A “news” page presents the initiatives contributing to reducing the application of the death penalty all around the world. The World Coalition has also developed web pages dedicated to the campaigns of its members and strategies for social media, including Facebook and Twitter, to raise awareness among a wider audience. The World Coalition is looking for a Web-Editor who will have to:
• Order, proofread, validate, and publish translated articles;
• Manage issues related to the structure of the site (possible bugs, …);
• Manage the relationship with external applications (DailyMotion, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, google grant …)
• Publish a monthly newsletter in English and French (identify topics, compile and present the information in the newsletter, put out and send the letter to subscribers and update the list of subscribers);
• Participate in the creation of multimedia and multilingual editorial content;
• Facilitating online communities;
• Liaise with other team members, on-site and remote (web developer, translators, director of the World Coalition)
• Liaise with members of the World Coalition
Profile / experience
– Writing Skills
– Editorial Skills
– Animation of Websites
– Excellent knowledge of French and English. Knowledge of another language is a plus
– Knowledge of server technologies as a user (PHP / Databases, HTML).
– Knowledge of basic tools of image and video processing (photoshop, editing online videos, etc.).
– Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, …)
The World Coalition accepts the following legal status: Self-Employed or Company.
Remuneration will be done upon presentation of invoices according to the terms and conditions previously agreed with the World Coalition.
Applications (cover letter, CV and references) should be sent by email to the attention of Aurélie Plaçais (contact [at] worldcoalition.org) before 7 November 2016.