Program and Admin Assistant (Trainee)
The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty, an alliance of more than 150 NGOs, bar associations, local authorities and unions, was created in Rome on 13 May 2002. The aim of the World Coalition is to strengthen the international dimension of the fight against the death penalty. Its ultimate objective is to obtain the universal abolition of the death penalty. The World Coalition gives a global dimension to the sometimes isolated action taken by its members on the ground. It complements their initiatives, while constantly respecting their independence.
The World Coalition is recruiting an intern for a period of 6 months. The Intern will be in charge of:
• Assisting the staff for the preparation of the international campaigns of the World Coalition and for the update of the Website: www.worldcoalition.org;
• Participating in the logistics of World Coalition’s meetings and in the day-to-day management of the organisation.
An internship agreement with a university is compulsory
• University degree in human rights, law, political sciences or humanities;
• Good organisational and writing skills;
• Perfect knowledge in one of the following languages: English or French, spoken and written, and working knowledge of the other language required;
• Good computer knowledge and skills, in particular Microsoft Office and the Internet;
• Willingness to work in a multicultural environment;
• Familiarity with topics related to human rights and the death penalty is an asset;
• Good knowledge of another language would be a plus.
• An international working environment
• Internship allowance of 577,5 per month with an Internship agreement
• Contribution to transportation fees
• Lunch vouchers
2,5 days leave per month
Applications should be sent in English or French to the World Coalition by email at email@example.com (Ref: Internship) before 10 June 2019 with:
• A cover letter
• A curriculum vitae
The World Coalition is a signatory to the Charter of Diversity.