The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty is an alliance of more than 150 NGOs, bar associations, local authorities and unions. The aim of the World Coalition is to strengthen the international dimension of the fight against the death penalty. Its ultimate objective is to obtain the universal abolition of the death penalty. The World Coalition is striving to achieve this aim by lobbying international organisations and States; by organising international campaigns, including the World Day Against the Death Penalty; and, by supporting national and regional abolitionist forces.
The World Coalition has a website in seven languages (French/ English/ Arabic/ Spanish/ Russian/ Farsi/ Chinese) partly devoted to news of those taking action against the death penalty (www.worldcoalition.org). A “news” page presents the initiatives contributing to reducing the application of the death penalty all around the world. The World Coalition has also developed web pages dedicated to the campaigns of its members and strategies for social media, including Facebook and Twitter, to raise awareness among a wider audience.
The World Coalition is looking for a Web-Editor/Editorial Webmaster who will have to:
– Participate in the development of a new Website and follow-up with the developers and the director;
– Participate in the creation of multimedia and multilingual editorial content (one editorial meeting with the staff a month);
– Order, write, proofread, validate, and publish translated articles (4 articles a month on average);
– Publish a monthly newsletter in English and French (identify topics, compile and present the information in the newsletter, put out and send the letter to subscribers and update the list of subscribers);
– Manage issues related to the structure of the site (possible bugs, …) and report to the director when web development is needed;
– Manage the relationship with external applications (DailyMotion, Youtube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Dlvr, Google Account, Instagram…);
– Manages the Google grant and the adds in 7 languages on a monthly basis;
– Facilitating online communities (monitoring once a week on average).
Profile / experience
– Writing Skills
– Editorial Skills
– Animation of Websites
– Excellent knowledge of French and English. Knowledge of another language is a plus
– Knowledge of server technologies as a user (PHP / Databases, HTML).
– Knowledge of basic tools of image and video processing (photoshop, editing online videos, etc.).
– Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, …)
– Knowledge of Google Add Grants
– Freelance Contract
– The World Coalition accepts the following legal status: Self-Employed or Company.
– Remuneration will be worked based, upon presentation of invoices according to the terms and conditions previously agreed with the World Coalition.
– Estimated average working time: from four to eight hours per week.
Applications should be sent by email at email@example.com (Ref: Web-Editor) before 5 November 2018 with:
– A cover letter
– A curriculum vitae
– Contact information for two references (please include full name, function, e-mail address and telephone number)
The World Coalition is a signatory to the Charter of Diversity.