Finance and Administration Manager
The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty, an alliance of more than 160 NGOs, bar associations, local authorities and unions, was created in Rome on 13 May 2002. The aim of the World Coalition is to strengthen the international dimension of the fight against the death penalty. Its ultimate objective is to obtain the universal abolition of the death penalty. The World Coalition gives a global dimension to the sometimes isolated action taken by its members on the ground. It complements their initiatives, while constantly respecting their independence.
1/ Accounting and financial management
– Follow-up of banking operations and payment of invoices;
– Management and follow-up of cash, Paypal and bank accounts;
– General and analytical accounting (from accounting entry to balance sheet entry);
– Accounting closing of accounts in connection with the chartered accountant and the statutory auditor;
– Preparation of budgets in collaboration with the staff and the treasurer;
– Creation and management of dashboards (Coalition donors, payroll in particular);
– Management and monitoring of cash flow (short, medium and long term);
– Realization of internal financial reports in collaboration with the chartered accountant, the statutory auditor and the treasurer;
– Realization of financial reports to donors;
– Management and follow-up of audits of financial reports to donors;
– Financial management of missions in conjunction with the Director (Preparation of forms and their payment, others).
2/ Management and technical support of financial partnerships
– Management of financial partnerships with project members and partners;
– Creation of administrative and financial management tools;
– Internal training of the staff on the use of these tools;
– Training of members and financial partners on the use of these tools;
3/ Human resources management
– Preparation of the payroll in connection with the dedicated service provider;
– Payment of payroll, author and translation contracts;
– Management of trainees, lunch vouchers and paid leaves;
– Monitoring of social obligations with relevant institutions;
– Follow-up of social and employer declarations with the dedicated service provider.
4/ Support for the fundraising for the operations of the World Coalition
– Fundraising, especially for private funding, in collaboration with the staff and the treasurer;
– Preparation of budgets for all funding requests, in collaboration with the staff and the treasurer;
– Prospecting missions and meetings with potential donors, in collaboration with the Director.
5/ Support for the general coordination of the Coalition (Steering Committee and General Assembly)
– Participation in all statutory meetings (Steering Committee meeting every quarter and General Assembly every other year);
– Preparation of the financial reports for each meeting, in collaboration with the treasurer;
– Training: Business School / Master 2 finance, management, MBA
– At least 7 years of professional experience, including experience in NGOs at headquarters and with partners in the field; and experience in direct management of grant contracts from public (European Union-DEVCO, AFD, etc.) and private donors (foundations, etc.)
– Expertise in French accounting system and management principles, knowledge of the SAGE-05C accounting software would be a plus
– Autonomy, rigor, ability to prioritize and to be pro-active, sense of responsibility
– Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, ability to share information fluidly, ability to support partners worldwide
– Excellent command of Windows and Office (Word, Excel)
– Fluent in English and French; third working language would be preferable
– Status: Full time permanent contract (CDI) under French law (Missions Locales and PAIO collective agreement), management position
– Remuneration: salary according to qualifications and experience (from €3,000 gross per month)
– Social benefit: 50% of the cost of the Parisian transportation, lunch vouchers worth 9 euros (60% paid by the employer), health insurance (50% paid by the employer), provident scheme
– Mobility: Travel in Europe and internationally to be planned
– Location: Montreuil (93) – France
The application must be sent in English or French to the World Coalition by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref: RAF2020) with:
– A cover letter
– A curriculum vitae
– Contact information for two references (please include full name, function, e-mail address and telephone number)
We will consider applications on a rolling basis. We will begin considering applications from 25 May 2020. The deadline to apply is 7 June 2020, midnight.
Contract expected to start as soon as possible to allow for a transition period with the current Financial and Admin Manager.
The World Coalition is signatory to the Charter of Diversity.