FFPA Grant Manager Full time permanent position
In liaison with the Executive Board and the Director of the World Coalition, he/she is responsible for the financial and grant management of the Financial Framework Partnership Agreement (FFPA) between the European Union and the World Coalition and of the Global Consortium for Death Penalty Abolition led by the World Coalition as part of this FFPA.
1/ Financial management of the FFPA
- Follow-up of banking operations for grant disbursement to Consortium members, affiliated entities and third parties
- Book keeping and accounting for the grant, based on quarterly reports of Consortium members, affiliated entities and third parties
- Preparing the annual financial report of the grant and the annual external financial audit with the auditor;
- Preparation of the grant budgets in collaboration with the staff and the treasurer;
- Management of the grant dashboard;
- Management and monitoring of cash flow linked to the grant;
2/ Management and technical support of financial partnerships
- Management of financial partnerships with Consortium members, affiliated entities and third parties
- Creation of administrative and financial management tools;
- Building relationship with the +25 partners of the FFPA Grant for the follow-up of the project, in connection with the Director;
- Follow-up of the calendar and follow-up for all supporting documents needed for the interim reports;
- Regular updates on the implementation of the project, the needs of the partners and the requirements of the donor;
- Organization and participation in field monitoring missions, based on needs;
- Training of members and financial partners, including during field missions;
- Management of international missions in conjunction with the Director (Preparation of forms and their payment, logistics, others).
3/ Support for the fundraising to co-fund the FFPA Grant and for the FFPA Grant renewals
- Fundraising for the portion of the grant not covered by the EU in collaboration with the staff and the treasurer;
- Preparation of budgets for the renewal of the grant application in the framework of the FFPA, in collaboration with the staff and the treasurer;
- Support to Consortium members, Affiliates and Third parties to fundraise for their portion of the grant not covered by the EU;
- Prospecting missions and meetings with potential donors, in collaboration with the Director.
4/ Support for the general coordination of the Consortium (Consortium Board, Executive Committee and Independent Advisory Panel)
- Organization and participation in all meetings with the Director;
- Preparation of the financial reports for each meeting, in collaboration with the Director.
- Training: Business School / Master 2 finance, management, MBA
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including experience in NGOs at headquarters and with partners in multiple countries
- Experience in direct management of grant contracts from the European Commission Department for International Partnership (DG INTPA)
- Expertise in common international financial reporting standards
- Experience in managing multiple partners in multiple countries and in working in an international environment
- Autonomy, rigor, ability to prioritize and to be pro-active, sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, ability to share information fluidly, ability to support partners worldwide
- Excellent command of Windows and Office (Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English and French; third working language would be preferable
– Status: Full time open-ended contract (CDI) under French law (Missions Locales and PAIO collective agreement), management position
– Remuneration: salary according to internal salary grid
– Social benefit: 50% of the cost of the Parisian transportation, lunch vouchers, health insurance, provident scheme
– Mobility: Travel in Europe and internationally to be planned
– Location: Montreuil (93) – France (working from home possible between 1-3 days a week)
– Visa: candidates should have the right to work in France on a full time permanent basis before applying for this position. The World Coalition will not be able to provide assistance with a work visa application.
The application must be sent in English or French to the World Coalition by email at email@example.com (Ref: GrantManager2024) with:
– A cover letter
– A curriculum vitae
– Contact information for two references (please include full name, function, e-mail address and telephone number)
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Contract expected to start in April 2024.
The World Coalition is signatory to the Charter of Diversity.