International Commission of Jurists
The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) is dedicated to promoting rule of law and advancement of human rights around the world.
The ICJ statute provides: The Commission carries out activities at the global, regional, national and local level and in particular takes effective steps to:
1. Support and advance the Rule of Law and human rights on the basis of the principles set out in the preamble;
2. Advance the independence of the judiciary and the legal profession and the administration of justice in full compliance with standards of international law;
3. Promote the global adoption and implementation of international human rights standards and other legal rules and principles that advance human rights and the Rule of Law;
4. Promote the establishment and enforcement of a legal system which protects individuals and groups against violations of their human rights;
5. Promote understanding of and compliance with the Rule of Law and human rights and provide assistance to those to whom the Rule of Law and human rights are denied; and
6. Promote the abolition of the death penalty and support efforts to achieve this goal.